Dynamic Gold 120 Shafts

Discussion in 'Shafts' started by "Almost" Gio, May 11, 2017.

1. Tmex

Tmex Moderator Staff Member

Nice man. I've found I love the kbs feel but spin them too much. Miss the DG. Seems like a good alternative if the long term results pan out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

I have leagues tonight. i'll put them through their paces. initially tho, very happy with feel. I was worried after talking to a few friends that've had these already that they weren't agreeing too well with what swings they were putting on them.

I hit a lot of nice cuts, and baby draws with them at lunch, high and low. it likes to hit the baby draw more than the cut - but could just be how I was swinging for that time period.

JTV and Tmex like this.
  3. Tmex

Awesome man. Hopefully they pan out. Long term feedback is always the best especially with these shafts.

4. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

completely agree

Tmex likes this.
  5. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

after playing with these on grass last night in league -- I am starting to like them. I shot -3 through 9 holes last night - but the best/favorite shots of the round came when using irons. I hit 6/9 greens but 2 of the 3 greens I missed I was putting from the fringe, and one hit the green and bounced/rolled off the false side.

i think the most surprising thing about these so far is the feel. VERY KBS-like in the smooth. when it comes to performance, they're typical DG.

JTV likes this.
  6. JTV

JTV Well-Known Member

Good stuff! Are these flighted shafts?

7. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

no sir -- they match profiles of the original DG; no flighting. if you want flighted you're in the AMT or PX Flighted realm.

8. JTV

JTV Well-Known Member

Good to know. I don't want flighted. These would work in my SL irons then.

9. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

the longer irons are not hard to elevate - in fact I saw apex heights almost identical to the shorter irons -- very solid flight in the long irons.

JTV likes this.
  10. JTV

JTV Well-Known Member

I may have to order one of these to try out. I'm happy with the performance of the X100's, but I do tend to get fatigued when swinging them a bunch.

11. threshold350

threshold350 resident dickhead

You have me convinced to demo these at the store for my next set.

Do you have feedback on how these compare to the Project LZ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

12. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

the PX LZ I liked in-store. on the outdoor range it was a different ballgame. I really wanted to like it - but it had a tendency to spin up a touch, and I always felt like I was having to time the kick in the shaft. when it was right - it was an awesome strike and feel, but when it was off, it felt dead and feedback was a bit harsh (see: PX feel) even if the performance was still decent.

the LZ feel great off mats, but for some reason they just didn't give me what I wanted off turf.

threshold350 likes this.
  13. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

little update --

1) performance - these perform as advertised, almost exactly like DG's. i would say that the negative issues i've noticed with the standard DG in the past occur significantly less often in this version. in the past i had issues with leaning on the std dg and it'd get incredibly high into the wind. the DG 120 seems to do that maybe once out of ten times and it's usually my fault. i've noticed these are a lot easier to flight, possibly b/c i can take an easier swing on them and get similar results. either way, i'm very happy with how these are performing right now -- i'd say a solid 9/10 (for me, your RMV)

2) feel - first time i've felt a true temper product feel like a KBS. it's not as good as modus, but it's very KBS like and certainly less harsh than std DG and different world than the PX. top notch job by TT.

3) looks - the screen graphics look pretty sweet and i've had a few comments already asking about them since they're much larger than the std DG bands or even the PX bands.

Tmex likes this.
  14. Tmex

Thanks man for the feedback. Hoping to get a chance to see what these are about in the future.

"Almost" Gio likes this.
  15. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

should i decide to go back to PX...i'll offer them to you at what i paid.

Tmex likes this.
  16. Tmex

That would be awesome man.

17. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

so, after getting a few rounds with these --- I can tell I need a touch more stiffness, or a different profile. when I lean on these, they fly a MILE in the air. still go a good distance but, man --- moon balls. typical flight is <100' in the air, piercing traj with a nice flat rise to apex then down. when I step on it, it's at LEAST 115'+.

i'll say this - they hold a line very well. typical ballflight is a minor cut or draw.

18. Speci

Speci Well-Known Member

I was pondering these for a set of CB1008's but may go AMT TI. I like a constant weight but I think these would be like KBS tours in some way. They might be spinning up on ya

19. Tmex

Do you think these play true to flex or might be a touch soft?

20. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Big Dick

I think they're a touch soft.