Putting 101: Get in Your Home!

Discussion in 'Swing Help' started by Nature Boy Jlit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Kmac

Kmac #HOF Staff Member

Nice work. I still grip my putter the old way sometimes and immediately it feels different. I guess I’m getting used to the LHL finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature Boy Jlit likes this.
  2. Nature Boy Jlit

Nature Boy Jlit Moderator Staff Member

It still felt awkward at times, but it’s coming along. It doesn’t feel like stranger anymore.

3. Kmac

Kmac #HOF Staff Member

At first it’s very The Stranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUSSS likes this.
  4. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

my putting was atrocious yesterday. 2 jlit-jacks.

i got birdies on 3 par 5's bc i drove them in two and 2 putted.

RUSSS, Kmac and Nature Boy Jlit like this.
  5. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Love me Casual Golf

Read this entire thread.Some great info and laughs at the same time.For me, I still use the big broom stick.Tried the new non anchor stroke but having difficulties.

6. Nature Boy Jlit

Question for the LHL putters among us. I’ve finally gotten comfortable and have really been enjoying this since.

My question, which grip do you play? I struggled early, but noticing a lot of LHLers using the 2.0 Mid, finally tried one. I’ve found it to feel the most comfortable and stable with the stroke, despite never caring for it with a conventional grip.

RUSSS likes this.
  7. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

Pistol gtr tour, or flatso 1.0

Allows my left thumb to sit in the top easier, and the grip rests in the lifeline of my palm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nature Boy Jlit likes this.
  8. Nature Boy Jlit

I had the GT Tour on my first 1w and I never could get comfortable with it. Granted, that was my first try at LHL again after a few brief stints a few years ago. Later when I switched to the 2.0 on a different 1w, I’d been LHL for a month or so. Maybe that has something to do with it too.

9. Nature Boy Jlit

I had the GT Tour on my first 1w and I never could get comfortable with it. Granted, that was my first try at LHL again after a few brief stints a few years ago. Later when I switched to the 2.0 on a different 1w, I’d been LHL for a month or so. Maybe that has something to do with it too.

10. President Gasman

President Gasman Hi! Staff Member

You can say that again!

Sent from my butthole

11. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

I've heard that left hand low with a Garsen Max grip is pretty damn good...(see: Stenson)

I held one once and honestly loved it but, haven't seen one since to confirm my initial thoughts -- so I haven't bought one.

12. Kmac

Kmac #HOF Staff Member

I felt like the Winn Pro X 1.18 was too big when I was using the Betta down at the EC. Never got comfortable with that setup the whole time and couldnt wait to get back to the Scotty with his midsize grip. That grip just feels perfect for LHL and my giant hands.

13. belbs

belbs Bald Eagle

I'm really far from being a great putter but Saturday was an all time LOW for me.

43 or 44 putts, including 5*3 putts in a row. Greens were the fastest I've ever played at like a 13 or 14. Pins were on ridges/side hills etc.

ugh - maybe I need to practice more/at all.

14. President Gasman

President Gasman Hi! Staff Member

Where at?

Sent from my butthole

15. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

what was killing you? lag putting? 3-5' footers?

16. belbs

belbs Bald Eagle

Salt Creek - played very dry and it was a 6:00 round which didn't help.

Lag putting for sure. Couldn't get anything inside 6 ft at all. If you were above the hole and missed the hole, it would roll 10ft by.

RUSSS likes this.
  17. belbs

belbs Bald Eagle

Ok - this is AMAZING, but I contacted Bradley putters and asked how to add weight to the putter, and the offered to ship me a new putter that is 350g instead of 320g FOR FREE.

I love dealing with companies like this, and will continue to sing their praises.

JTV, RUSSS and butters like this.
  18. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

wtf ? they're giving you ANOTHER putter for free?

RUSSS likes this.
  19. belbs

belbs Bald Eagle

Well, I will ship mine back, but effectively

RUSSS likes this.
  20. "Almost" Gio

"Almost" Gio Bald Eagle

...that's pretty awesome CS. solid move on them.

RUSSS and belbs like this.